Sunday, October 10, 2010

63 Days.

or 9 weeks. That's how much longer we have until Evan's "due" date. (Which is still up in the air since we are supposed to be delivering a little early!) I can't believe how fast this pregnancy has flown by! Geez I can't wait to see his cute little face! :) And as much as I want to keep Evan "safe" for as long as possible, I also can't wait to get him out lol His kicks have been so painful lately!

Now for an update.. I spoke to the Cardiology coordinator on Friday and she has sent all of our information over to a coordinator at All Children's. She is going to be taking care of transferring my care from Lakeland to All Children's for the remainder of the pregnancy, setting up a tour of the hospital, and scheduling a meeting with the surgeon. The OBGYN will be deciding how soon we will be delivering, so I can't wait for my appt.. I just want to have a definite date! I really feel so blessed that Evan will be cared for at All Childrens over in St. Pete.. Everyone we have dealt with over there so far has been just so compassionate and understanding. It's so much easier to feel at ease (or somewhat at ease) when you trust the Doctors, nurses, etc.

It really amazes me how much peace God has blessed me with over the past few days. I have so much faith and confidence that Evan's going to be just fine and that's very unlike me.. I tend to only be able to see the worst in questionable situations. I'm definitely not prepared mentally for what's to come after Evan's born. I don't like thinking about not being able to hold Evan and bond with him, nurse him, bring him home to meet his big sister and the rest of his family.. It's just sad. But I am staying strong, I think Scott is too.. It's going to be extremely hard to see Evan in the hospital while he recovers from the first surgery, but we know we are going to have to stay strong for him and keep believing for a miracle. I really just can't WAIT to get our little man home!

So that's where we are. Just waiting and believing. Please, please keep on praying for our precious Evan. We'll update again later this week when we get more info from All Childrens.

No comments:

Post a Comment