Sunday, October 3, 2010

Encouragement

Trust in the Lord with all your heart & lean not in your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and he will direct your path.
Proverbs 3:5 - 6

Yesterday was a good day, a GREAT day actually. I feel like God really followed through with some encouragement for Scott and I. We met a family through a friend (Brian I will be forever greatful for you introducing us..) who's son basically has the same heart problem Evan has. His was a little different but he still had to go through the 3 surgeries. First let me just say, you would never in a million years know this little boy has a heart defect just by looking at him. He's almost four and just full of life. I watched him play with Elli around the fire station for over an hour and he was so spunky and energetic; a typical boy. His parents were so open with us and shared a lot of great information. But their son is just a living testimony of the miracles God can work in your life. Scott and I both felt such a weight lifted off our shoulders after talking with them. We know it's still going to be a very rocky road to Evan's complete recovery, but now that we have seen this little miracle with our own eyes it's a lot easier to trust that the Lord will be with Evan and us every step of the way.. Scott and I are still trying to figure out how we are going to manage not just a new baby, but a sick baby, and still keep a peaceful balance at home. We are both more than willing to do whatever it takes. We haven't even known about Evan's defect (that's such an ugly word, I wish I could think of something else to call it!) for a week yet but it has been such a humbling experience already. Two weeks ago all I could think about was Christmas and what I wanted, what I was getting Scott and Elli, and now it just seems completely insignificent. It's a shame that it takes a life changing event like this to really open your eyes to what's truly important in life. I still don't know why this is happening to us and our sweet baby boy, but I know now there's a reason; God has a BIG purpose for Evan's life.. Keep praying for him, and keep reaching out to others to pray for him too! Less than 10 weeks to go before we meet our little angel :)

<3 Natasha

No comments:

Post a Comment