Thursday, November 18, 2010

Update :)

Today we had our 36 week OB appt and the last fetal echo of Evan's heart until he is born. It's been quite an interesting day! Our OB appt was this morning. The nurse checked my cervix and turns out I am 3cm dilated and 50% effaced. I have been having some pretty strong contractions the last two days and feeling a lot of pressure so I knew something was going on, but I wasn't expecting to be that dilated! Good thing is I am already 1/3 of the way done with the "labor" lol Gives us a good head start for when I'm induced. We had our weekly u/s before we met with the DR and everything is great still, Evan was being lazy and didn't want to move for once so we had to wait a while to get fetal movement. We met with the DR and she was concerned that I had dilated this much already, and doesn't want me to go into active labor just yet so she prescribed me Procardia. It's a med for chest pain, lol, but apparently they use it to stop contractions/labor. So I'm assuming I will be on that for another 2 weeks until my induction date, I'm going to find out more on Tuesday at our next appointment. Luckily I wasn't put on bedrest, that would suck, she just told me to "take it easy" and don't exert myself. We are very, very lucky we did not end up in labor and delivery this morning! I would have been disappointed too, I'm really looking forward to our Thanksgiving dinner this Saturday!!

After the OB we headed to All Children's for the fetal echo. Evan is 6 pounds, 5 ounces and doing great! Cardiologist said he looks to be very healthy, with the exception of the HLHS of course. He scored another '10' on his cardiac profile. I am very glad to report there are no leaky valves or other complications :) The cardiologist says this is a very straight forward case of HLHS. It's kind of bittersweet.. He also said there shouldn't be a problem with us being able to hold Evan for 30 minutes or so right after he's born before they start the IV.. YAY!! :) Best news I've heard in a long time. I know it doesn't seem like a lot but I was expecting maybe a couple of minutes so it's a lot to me! Hopefully the DRs and nurses will go along with that time frame though!

So that's where we stand right now. We won't be seen again until Tuesday, hopefully Evan can hang out for 13 more days, but I'm not gonna lie I am very very anxious to meet our little boy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment