Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankful, Blessed, Grateful

Time really needs to slow down. Evan's birthday party is two weeks away and I am just now mailing out invitations! But really, that's not unusual, I am such a procrastinator. I can't help it! I think deep down I get some kind of rush trying to get everything ready at the last minute. How ridiculous does that sound?! 

We've decided to throw Evan a Yo Gabba Gabba bash for his first birthday party. Why? Because this kid would eat dirt and ask for more if you offered it while he was watching his show. Seriously. I don't know what it is about the show, it's incredibly weird, but it completely mesmerizes him. This morning I showed him his party invitations (Yo Gabba Gabba characters with Evan's picture cropped into the scene) and he went nuts! Laughing and wiggling like it was the coolest thing he had seen, lol. 

So, what else is new? Evan's trying really hard to figure out this whole crawling thing. He is getting up on all fours, rocking, and just started moving his hands. He is still plopping down, but he's trying! I think his upper body strength is still weak, don't get me wrong, he has strengthened so much, but he's still working on it. I'm sure in a month or so I will be updating that he is getting into everything and I have had to move objects out of his reach. ;) Oh, and Evan has discovered the "wonderful" noise his teeth make when you grind them together! It gives me the chills every.single.time. 

We are also going to be switching Evan's pediatrician. And I hate to switch, I hate that this new DR will only know of Evan's journey so far by what is written in his chart, but I am fed up with his current Ped's office. Wednesday Scott took Evan in for his monthly Synagis shot, and guess what? Really, you're going to laugh. They lost it! They lost his shot. Our insurance company has their own pharmacy and every month they mail it to his Ped's office, and then they call us and we come in. Simple, right?! Guess again. Luckily for them, Scott was there and not Evan's very hot tempered Momma :) They ended up getting it figured out (Evan got a free shot this month, and his is still MIA) but this incident was the "straw that broke the camel's back". 

Thanksgiving is less than a week away, and boy are we a thankful family this year! I wouldn't even know where to start with my list.. Evan's quick recoveries, overall health, Elli's behavior and progress in school, my parents, Scott's family, Scott's job, my new job as a stay at home momma.. See? Long list, and that doesn't even begin to cover it all! Let's just say that we are BLESSED an so incredibly GRATEFUL! 

Oh! I have also started a local Heart Mom support group, with the help of another Heart Mom. So if you are local to Polk County and want to join, let me know! :) 


Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!  




No comments:

Post a Comment