Monday, October 24, 2011

Regrets

Its days like today that I really miss having a second income. Elli was home from school today (Teacher work day) and it would have been great to go see a movie, go to a theme park, etc. But, those are activities we decided to limit when I quit my job. It has been almost 7 months since I received my last pay check and we are still adjusting. I didn't realize how much money we were wasting on "wants". It's definitely been an eye opening experience, but of course I do not regret the decision we made! My only regret is not quitting earlier. I feel somewhat responsible for Evan being behind on his milestones. Had I been home every day, focused on his care, I don't think he would be this behind. Yes, I know I can't say that is 100% true, but it is always in the back of my mind. The important thing is that I AM home with him now, and I can devote as much time to him as he needs me to. And I absolutely love that! I am so grateful we are able to make every sacrifice we make. We are definitely blessed. 

We are quickly approaching several "firsts" for Evan and I can't even begin to explain how excited I am! And apparently Evan is preparing as well! He must have known Halloween candy and Thanksgiving turkey were around the corner because his top two teeth have finally made an appearance! LOL They are so wide, like a wittle wabbit ;).. Aw I hope Evan still loves me when he grows up and reads all this mush I write about his sweet little face! :) 

We have lots of Halloween/Fall activities coming up this week so I will be sure to upload some super cute pics of all the fun Evan and his big sissy will be having! Here's a sneak peak of one of Evan's costumes, and no, he is not wearing tights, his legs are just that chubby ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment