Thursday, December 16, 2010

Take a deep breath.

Deep breaths.. That's something I need to do more often.

Evan is having a wonderful day. I am posting from our fourth room on the CVICU floor.. lol Yes, we have been moved again! But I am perfectly ok with that. We are back in a "normal, not so critical of a patient" room, good news for Evan! Little man has been great all day, his breathing, heart function, and BP have all been great today. He got his arterial line taken out of his leg this morning. The only "plan" for Evan today was to continue trying to feed him. The speech therapist came to work with him this morning but he only took 8mls. The rest of the day has been unsuccessful. I think it has a lot to do with all the gagging he does. All of the nurses have been reassuring us that it's very common for hypoplast babies to have reflux problems, and just about every baby goes home with a g-tube (they remind me of the thing on a pool inflatable that you blow air into). While it isn't ideal, we are "ok" with Evan getting one, as long as it gets us home. We can work with the whole bottle feeding thing while we're at home, I'm sure it will be a lot less stressful there.

Thank you to everyone who wished me a happy birthday today. I was having an "off" morning so if I didn't personally thank you, I'm sorry. My wonderful hunny took me out to dinner tonight, it was great to get away from the hospital for a little while. Tomorrow morning I am heading back to Lakeland for the day. Elli has her school Christmas party and I want to be there. I miss her so much! Looking forward to making our gingerbread house together :)

This morning the ICU dr said Evan was a miracle for making so much progress this quickly. But that's nothing new, we all know what a big MIRACLE this little guy is! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize it was your birthday so Happy Birthday! I'm glad things are better for you today. You sound much better! We'll continue to pray for great things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    Your post is a whole lot more positive today and I know that means things are looking good. I know the feeding tube is hard to think about, but he will do so much better at home. There is a whole lot less stress at home and he will be much more comfortable. I hope they work on getting you comfortable with the NG tube insertion soon so you will be able to get home sooner.

    As always...you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete